Sunday 2 August 2015

24 THINGS A MUM TEACHES HER DAUGHTER BEFORE MARRIAGE

24 THINGS A MUM TEACHES HER DAUGHTER BEFORE
MARRIAGE
My daughter, don’t cause a separation between your
man and his siblings; it could be dangerous for you
when they finally speak with one voice.
• My daughter, I know that some of you girls don’t
wish to marry a man whose mother is still alive, don’t
ever think like that, if you do, well, I think your son’s
wife-to-be should start wishing you’re dead now.
• My daughter, listen to me, when I married your
father, he was as tiny as his salary but I chose to grow
with him and today, those cars out there are some of
the results of what we started so little, together, and
we’re proud looking at them.
• My daughter, there is this thing i see happening in
your time, some of you girls now get pregnant before
the wedding day, well, it never happened in our time
because no matter what, we never opened our laps
before the wedding.
• My daughter, well, yes, I once locked up the cloth of
your father because I got to my limit of patience and
that was the only thing I could do, but one thing I
haven’t said was that we settled the issue that same
day and that was the last time I tried that.
• My daughter, look up there. That’s the wedding
picture of your father and I, look at him smiling, I
know you’ve seen it many times but what you did not
know is that your father was angry before taking this
picture, I hope you find a man whose anger doesn’t
last till the next day.
• My daughter, when your Father was riding a bicycle,
I was always happy to hop on it and ride with him, not
because I didn’t see those men in their little cars but
because my eyes also saw those men trekking to their
farms.
• My daughter, if you and your husband eat a little
food with love, you both would be satisfied. Times are
not always the same; support him in every phase he’s
passing through.
• My daughter, don’t ever close your laps to your
husband in bed , the day he paid your dowry was the
day you lost your will to do so, don’t be stiff and try
to satisfy him even if you were angry with him
• My daughter, a man would respect you and be more
proud of you if you’re learned and not totally
dependent on him. Strive to make your own money and
while you’re at it, be humble.
• My daughter, under the cocoa tree that I did meet
with your Father was open and good enough for our
discussions, yes; it was open and good enough if you
understand what I mean.
• My daughter, in our time, we had sexy legs and firm
bosoms to show our men , in fact, we had the finest
ones, yet, when we dress, we cover those parts of our
body, not because we were not civilized as you people
would call it, but because we know that the eyes of
men are hungry, many of them would only come, touch
and go their way.
• My daughter, there is this thing you girls now
practice, they say it’s feminism. Well, you can prove to
be equal to a man in the society but please, not in
your marriage because at my old age, I don’t want to
start counting your husbands.
• My daughter, marriage is not a Rehabilitation
Centre, if he’s not good enough for you before
marriage, nothing he does would be good
enough after marriage.
• My daughter, you can see I still wear my night gown ,
yes, because to my husband; your father, I still want
to look sexy. So, take good care of your body, look
good for your man and don’t look like a grandma
after giving birth.
• My daughter, I’m your mother and still, I’m not
interested in you coming to me always if anything goes
wrong with your husband. Though nowadays I see some
mothers controlling the homes of their sons and
daughters, I would only say; shame on them!
• My daughter, for you to have a peaceful home and
well-trained children, have one voice with your
husband, join him to say NO when he’s saying NO
before the kids but later when you both are alone, you
can plead with him for a YES, if not, the children will
see a loophole to misbehave, either to you or their
father.
• My daughter, if you chose to live together with a man
that you’re yet to be married to , and you are
complaining that he hasn’t proposed to you, oh, he
already did. Whatever he said that made you start
living with him was his proposal.
• My daughter, your generation does not see any pride
in been a virgin before marriage, it’s a shame! Your
father met me a virgin and he brought more yams to
my parents and up till today, he’s still proud of me
when we discuss in that direction.
• My daughter, I know that no man out there is
complete, but when you are looking for your tall, slim,
fair and handsome, if he’s a woman-beater, please,
go for the short, fat, dark and ugly that will give you
the respect you deserve as a woman.
• My daughter, know, learn and respect the culture
and lifestyle of whoever you chose to marry . In some
part of Africa, you knee down to greet your man’s
parents while in some part outside Africa; you can
even call them by their first name and ask for a
handshake. Whatever they believe in, if you’ve chosen
him, believe it with him also.
• My daughter, don’t ever try to date a married man,
whether his excuse was that he doesn’t find happiness
with his wife or he would have married you if he had
met you first, if you ever try it, I curse you already.
• My daughter, when I say over 52 years of marriage ,
it wasn’t that I did not see any reason to leave your
father, I saw a lot of them but I bear his faults, i
forgave him to stay married.
• My daughter, these are part of the wisdom i have
gathered over the years. and If I had taken my time
to tell you all these, and your marriage doesn’t last
like that of your father and I, then I had wished i
never gave birth to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment